How to Use Colour Magic to Your Advantage
Can you imagine a world without colour? What does that look like for you? Kinda sad, kinda horrible? Yeah me too. I am actually getting sad just thinking about it. Colour is so important in our every day life. Did you know they have special meanings though? Did you know that each and every colour brings something important to your life? It's kind of fascinating to be honest!
In the weeks to come, you will see me post on colours specific to creativity, self discovery, spirituality and productivity. Today let's focus on the basics of colour magic! I am so excited so let's dive in!
What is colour magic?
Colour magic is essentially what colours bring into our lives. They can make us feel happy, sad, confident, creative, passionate and so many other feelings. We choose some colours without even thinking about it, while others are a bit more intention. Think about it:
- Oranges, bananas, pineapple, apples- fruits to give us energy
- Little black dress- makes us feel sophistacted, sleek and sexy (am I right ladies or am I right)
- Red lipstick- makes us feel sexy and powerful
- White shirt- clean, pure, professional looking
These are just some examples of the way colours affect our lives and decisions. Some colours I always choose?
- Yellow- makes me feel happy, joyful and bold
- Black- When I want to tone down my look for the day
- Red- makes me feel confident AF
Colours have a lot more power than we give them credit for. Not only do we associate them with feelings, but they symbolize different things as well. They can be used in different religious art, astrology, and dream representation to name a few.
Another thing colours are used for? Healing. It shouldn't be a surprise to know that psychologists and therapists use colour therapy in their practices. They know not to use a red colour for a person with anger issues. Rather they will choose colours like blue and green. Smart!
So how do you use colour magic to your advantage?
- Determine the goal or the outcome you desire. Make sure it does not hurt other people in the process or bring an imbalance to karma. Got that goal? Good!
- Choose a colour that will help you visualize and achieve that goal. Here are your examples to help you choose the right colour:
- White- This is good for any goal
- Red- Use if your goal is related to courage, strength or even sex (red lingerie anyone?)
- Orange- Best used for creativity or positive outlook for the future
- Yellow- Helps for studying or relating to communication
- Green- Great for healing and bringing in money
- Blue- Use when you need to work on loyalty and trust
- Purple- Helps with any spiritual journeys you may go on
- Pink- When you want to attract relationships or if you need to work on yourself
- Black- Absorbs negative energy
3. Use any of these colours with a candle, clothing, decorating, or even little knick knacks. Visualize what you want and how you're going to achieve it.
4. This part is super important. Now that you put your wishes out into the universe, you need to also go out and strive for it. Do you not think that the universe is going to do all the work. You need to put in the effort as well.
What colours do you like to use the most? Let me know in the comment section!
Crystal of the Day- Goldstone
Even though this stone is manufactured, it does not hinder it's abilities. This beautiful stone helps to attain your goals and promotes ambition. It also helps to promote a more positive attitude. Keep this stone on you at all times, but especially at work!