If I Knew I Could Not Fail I would...
Have you heard of Lisa Jacobs or Marketingyourcreativity? I recently read some of her blog posts. She focuses on helping online small business entrepreneurs who want to market their creativity and achieve financial goals. She is very good, and does not relay the same messages that you see on most sites. Maybe that is why she has so many followers and page views everyday. Plus she has written several books such as "Your Best Year 2017". I recently bought her "Your Best Year 2018" book and while I haven't done much of her activities yet, I did enjoy reading it and can't wait till after Christmas to really sink my teeth into it.
One of her posts recently has been on my mind lately. She once wrote a post on "If I Knew I Could Not Fail I Would...". I thought this was a great statement, and I decided to take some time out and think about it myself. What would I do with my life if I knew I couldn't fail? It's almost a terrifying thought. 2017 has certainly been the biggest "leap of faith" year of my life. I started this blog, and put myself out there for the entire internet to see, I co-created Cosmic Positivity with my best friend, am in the process of starting my own business and bought my very first house! OMG 2017 truly was a whirlwind adventure. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I really wish that 2018 is a little less chaotic. That would make me 100% better.
So I sat last night and seriously thought about what I would do. I came up with these. I won't lie it was hard to keep it narrowed down. I am the type of person who wants to do all the things. I am sure you know the feeling!
- Make Creativity Sparkles my career. Now that I know that, it is seriously time to figure out what exactly that means. It's time to get serious about where my creativity can take me and how to help others.
- I would learn how to paint. My boyfriend is the painter in this relationship, and he is a damn good artist (I would have proof, but I accidentally lost a drawing he gave me years ago). I would love to learn how to do a little bit, but I am honestly so worried as to what he would think about it.
- I would go back to dancing. I was once in Irish dancing. Long before it was cool. I was picked on as a kid for it, so I don't normally share that information, but I would love to go back to it.
- I would create my subscription box! I have been wanting to do a Holiday box for the last year! 2018 is the time for me to make that a reality!
Each one of these are going to be a big work in progress for me. I really want tap into my creative side and really let it shine. I hope that you come up with some ideas of your own. If you need some help trying to figure out what you would do, try to come up with an idea from each of these categories:
- A hobby from your childhood. What did you love to do? What made you extremely excited as a kid?
- A new skill you would like to learn? Is there anything you would want to learn, but were too afraid to? Maybe cooking, baking, art, pottery, crafting, dancing or writing?
- Your dream job. What would make you happy to do for the rest of your life? What would make you look forward to Monday mornings?
Whatever you would like to do, I want to hear about it! Let me know in the comment section below!